Local, Omni-Channel Consumers Transforming the Face of Retail Marketing
July 15, 2015
Today’s successful retailer marketers know that relying on TV ads and other national efforts alone to not only reach consumers, but get them into a physical store is an incomplete strategy. According to a recent Think with Google article, “…success means reaching consumers wherever they are, on whatever device they may be using.” And, with consumers touching more than 10 media types prior to purchase, it is imperative for national retailers to have a strong presence on each channel. What’s more is that consumers are becoming more local in their purchase behavior. In fact, a 2015 article on Think with Google highlights that Google search interest in “near me” has increased 34X since 2011, and nearly doubled since last year. So, while you may already be investing in an omni-channel strategy, localizing your marketing efforts can be the secret ingredient to moving you ahead of the competition.
Here are just a few statistics that demonstrate the importance of a strong localized, omni-channel marketing strategy.
- 90% of consumers search online and then purchase offline, locally (BIA/Kelsey)
- Half of mobile searchers visit a store they found within 24 hours (Google)
- 70% of purchases are made within 5 miles of the home (Google)
- 39% of marketers report better conversation and connectivity with customers through localized marketing (CMO Council)
- 67% of marketers report greater customer relevance, response, and ROI from local marketing (CMO Council)
To learn more about creating a strong localized, omni-channel marketing strategy, download Balihoo’s free resource—Local Marketing Guide: Insights from Industry Leaders on Developing a Thriving Omni-Channel Local Marketing Strategy.